Thursday, 22 May 2014

Pinterest Addiction

I love Pinterest. I was first introduced to it a couple of years ago by a friend and found it incredibly useful for getting ideas for craft activities for my then toddler. However, I soon discovered that EVERYTHING is available to 'pin' depending upon your interest. In the past 2 years or so, I have built up 37 boards and around 6500 pins and lost an unspeakable amount of hours ..... I think an intervention may be required.
From these oodles of pins, what have I done with them? Well, I have had fun making bits and pieces for our home and have many decorating/upcycling ideas, inspiration for new hair styles, crafting ideas for me and my child... but I don't really put it to work properly.
So, yesterday I created a new Pinterest Scarf Lady account, and am only pinning stuff that is useful, of interest AND stuff that we can actually do.  A friend made the decision to try a Pinterest recipe for her and her family one day each week, so far so good, new and interesting meals.  This has inspired me to start using my boards too.  I don't want to limit the subject to, for example, 1 new craft project with Kiddo every week, as our weeks are pretty much in constant flux and very dependant up on the mood of my child, but starting next week, I am planning on doing 'something' from Pinterest. That is my goal.
I think Hubby is relieved that Pinterest wasn't around when we were getting married, otherwise I doubt he would have seen much of me until the actual wedding!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome x