Thursday, 19 June 2014

90 Days To Go

Why am I voting YES?

I was raised with the following rules :
1. Do not to tell lies  (You'll get more powers with Devo-max....so why was it not allowed as a 3rd option on the ballot paper, hmm?)
2. Do not believe in scary stories  (You can't get the pound)
3. If you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all (internet trolls -both sides as bad, one side reported in media...)
4. Do not give in to bullies, stand up for yourself ( David Cameron asking his pals to do his dirty work, because he is too cowardly to get personally involved)

I was also however, raised to :
1. Respect your elders
2. Do not answer back
3. Do as you are told

Now, I am an adult, not a child. So then why does Westminster  and the Better Together camp feel the need to treat Scotland (both the country and its citizens) as such?  I feel that "Father" (ie Westminster) has spoken and we (Scotland) must do as we are told.  The rebellious teen (that I never really was, but wanted to be) in me just wants to shout : "Fuck off!"

Most importantly though, I was always taught to remember my manners. So with that in mind, Yes please to independence and No thanks to Better Together.

#100days100reasonsfor yes

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome x