Saturday, 21 June 2014

Summer Solstice

As the sun spirals its longest dance,
Cleanse us.
As nature shows bounty and fertility,
Bless us.
Let all things live with loving intent,
And to fulfil their truest destiny.
 
Today is the longest day of the year, known as Summer Solstice or Mid-summer. Exactly half way between last Winter Solstice/Mid-winter and the next.  It is when the power of the sun is at its zenith and from now, the we acknowledge that the 2nd half of the year has arrived.
 
To mark the solstice today, Kiddo and I set about decorating our front door and our broom at the entrance, with cocktail umbrellas. Not particularly traditional, but certainly festive and they feel summery.  I have to confess as seeing a wreath made of cocktail brollies on Pinterest, and thought, this is perfect for us.

 
Now the sun has set on today, I have a candle lit (beeswax) and in the absence of mead (can't stand the taste), I have a wee Baileys. I raise my glass to health, happiness, strength and confidence. 
 
Happy Solstice
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome x